This is a beautiful Chess Puzzle of the day for Beginners and Parents who have learnt the piece movements in Chess. You may not know how to play chess like a Pro, but you will definitely be able to solve these puzzles. So no more excuses.
Open this page at your office* and ask your colleagues to solve this seemingly simple puzzle. Your friends will be stymied and who knows they may start getting a liking for chess!
Chess Puzzle of the day for Beginners and Parents – head banger!
This puzzle involves the Queen. The Queen as you all know by now is able to move like a Rook and like a Bishop – that means along Ranks, Files and Diagonals.
Here the goal is to capture all the pawns in each move that the queen is undertaking.
The aim is to finish capturing all the pawns by the queen.
Spoiler: This one will be very addictive. Don’t tell me you were not warned – it is somewhat difficult if you are not focused!
The advantages of this solving these sort of mind bending puzzles are:
- It helps students to plan better and logically.
- improves their focus and nurtures their ability to understand theory.
- Chess calls for several fairly complicated calculations over its 64-square board. This is a precursor to that.
- It develops ‘reverse thinking’ abilities and visualizations, besides encouraging the students the importance of thinking ahead
Have you read – What you can learn from a 2 year old baby?
If you are serious about Chess and need a well reputed academy – visit us or call us – if you are staying in the following areas of South Chennai –
|Ullagaram||Alandur||St. Thomas Mount|
We have an upcoming summer camp starting in April.
Avail this opportunity if you are in search of quality introduction to Chess for your child.
If you are interested in solving tough puzzles like the above I recommend these books by GM Maurice Ashley –
A somewhat easier one would be
* Don’t blame me if you are fired from office for not doing your work!